30 January 2005

Don't over eat

I like spicy food. Really spicy. I'm a Tobasco on everything guy.

The whole thing takes about an hour to make.Yesterday I decide to make a really spciy rice dish for dinner during the week. Rather than just use red pepper flakes I decided to use the jar of whole pickled habanero peppers that had be taunting me from iside the fridge. The rest of the dish includes a pound of ground turkey, about two pounds of mixed frozen vegtables, brown rice, wild rice, and vegtable broth in place of water. After an hour I have a wonderful rice caserole that will last a week, is very filling, and normally very good for me. Once the dish was finished cooking I immediately scooped out a small bowl to taste. It was really good. Possibly my best effort with this recipie. Very hot and very spicy but great. So good I had a second bowl. That's where I went wrong. I forgot habanero peppers are really edible landmines.

Two hours after the second bowl I'm not feeling so good. Fifteen minutes later I'm hunched over the freshly cleaned toilet bowl staring at my reflection in blue water. After a couple of dry heaves I start to feel my temperature rise. Remember cartoons where a character eats something hot and you see the heat rise like a thermometer? I thought that was joke. Nope.

First my arms got weak. Then I started to feel heat in my abdomen. The heat quicly rose from my abdomen to the top of my head. It was like a feaver breaking. I was sweating and I was shivering. My whole upper body was pink like I has just gotten out of a shower.

I swear I'll only eat one bowl next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home